Friday, December 4, 2009


A little Bundle ‘O Joy – Bolivian Style! :)

It was Laura & My last week in Sucre, 2 days left until we returned to Okinawa, when our Host Madre finally gave birth!  After 9+ months, she & the baby were apparently ready! Yay! :)  For weeks everything had been ready at the door, a little bag packed…clothes, diapers (the hospital doesn’t provide those) as well as the I-V’s needed for the c-section…yeah, the hospital doesn’t supply those either! Eeeek!* But Clauz (the host father) reassured me that it was “normal” – he explained that there was a little store across the street…so no worries! I just laughed & told him Laura & I would help with whatever was needed.

But, when the blessed day came we weren’t needed – only the parents.  Our host mother was scheduled for a c-section that weekend, so everyone was ready when she went into labor early. And, as soon as visiting hours permitted us, we all came to visit the mommy & new wee baby! Our host mother reassured us she was having a girl.  Apparently her family only “had girls”, it was a tradition of sorts – so Laura & I brought the cutest little pink baby outfit, only of course to welcome a little baby BOY into the world! Lol…Nicolas Gerd to be exact! No worries, the store happily exchanged & we bought the new parents some much-needed chocolate, of course! *Sigh! :) 

For all those new mama's & papa's out there, you're in my prayers! :D

In Your hand, I place my heart, body, life and soul…Yours I am, for You I was born: What do You want of me?” – Teresa of Avila


No comments:

Post a Comment